Vin Diesel is one of the most popular American actors who has starred in several blockbuster Hollywood franchises like Fast and Furious and xXx. With his muscular physique and bald head, Vin Diesel has a very distinctive look that makes him stand out from other actors.
But how tall is Vin Diesel and how much does he weigh? Let’s find out!
Who is Vin Diesel?
Vin Diesel (birth name Mark Sinclair) was born on July 18, 1967 in New York City. His mother was an astrologer while his stepfather was a theater manager and acting instructor. Diesel was very athletic as a child and started breakdancing at the age of 7.
He got the nickname ‘Diesel’ during his days as a bouncer at New York nightclubs in the early 90s. Vin Diesel made his film debut in the 1995 crime drama Strays. But his breakthrough role came as the anti-hero Riddick in the sci-fi film Pitch Black in 2000. Other major films he has starred in include The Fast and the Furious franchise, xXx series, A Man Apart (2003) and Guardians of the Galaxy (2014).
Vin Diesel’s Height and Weight Stats
Vin Diesel stands at a height of 5 feet 11 inches or 180 cm tall and weighs around 102 kg or 225 lbs. His body measurements are 52-34-18 inches.
|Height||In Centimeters – 180 cm|
In Meters – 1.8 m
In Inches – 5 feet 11 inches
|Weight||In Kilograms – 102 Kg|
In Pounds – 225 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Body Measurements||52-34-18 inches|
|Shoe Size||11 (US)|
How Tall is Vin Diesel Compared to Other Actors?
Vin Diesel stands at 5 feet 11 inches which is slightly shorter than the average American male height of 5 feet 9 inches. Here is how Vin Diesel’s height compares with other Hollywood actors:
- The Rock – 6’5″ Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock towers over Vin Diesel with a height of 6 feet 5 inches. No wonder The Rock looks so much bigger than Vin Diesel in the Fast and Furious movies!
- Jason Statham – 5’10” British star Jason Statham who has co-starred with Vin Diesel in The Fast and the Furious franchise is almost the same height at 5 feet 10 inches.
- Dave Bautista – 6’6″ Former wrestler Dave Bautista is another Fast and Furious villain who is much taller than Vin Diesel at 6 feet 6 inches.
- John Cena – 6’1″ WWE star John Cena had an inch over Vin Diesel in Furious 7 with a height of 6 feet 1 inch.
- Paul Walker – 6’2″ Vin Diesel’s Fast and Furious co-star Paul Walker was taller at 6 feet 2 inches compared to 5’11” Vin Diesel.
So while Vin Diesel is shorter than many of his co-stars, he can still hold his own with his imposing physique and screen presence.
How Much Does Vin Diesel Weigh?
Vin Diesel’s weight is around 102 kgs or 225 lbs which can be attributed to his muscular frame. He maintains his physique through intense workouts and a strict diet.
Some key facts about Vin Diesel’s weight over the years:
- Weighed 170 lbs (77 kg) during early 2000s
- Gained 30 lbs for his role in The Chronicles of Riddick (2004)
- Reportedly gained over 40 lbs of muscle for Fast Five (2011)
- Said to have weighed 225 lbs during filming of Furious 7 (2015)
- Dropped 13 lbs for xXx: Return of Xander Cage (2017)
Vin is known to manipulate his weight and physique depending on the role he is preparing for. He likes to do his own stunts so remains very fit.
Vin Diesel’s Diet and Workout Routine
Vin Diesel follows an intense workout routine and strict diet to maintain his imposing physique. Let’s look at his diet and exercise regime:
- High protein diet with plenty of egg whites, chicken, fish, steak and supplements
- Complex carbs like oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes
- Green leafy veggies and broccoli
- Beverages include protein shakes, fresh fruit and veggie juices
- No sugar, junk food or empty carbs
- Trains for 1.5 – 2 hours daily, 6 times a week
- Focuses on compound lifts like deadlifts, squats, bench press
- Also does bicep curls, triceps extensions, chin ups, rows, shoulder press
- Cardio includes running, swimming, cycling and shadow boxing
- Combines weight training with bodyweight exercises for ripped physique
Vin’s personalized diet and training allows him to bulk up or slim down quickly based on the movie characters he portrays.
What is Vin Diesel’s Net Worth?
As of 2023, Vin Diesel’s net worth is estimated to be around $225 million dollars. Here are some of the major contributing factors:
- Earned $54 million for Furious 7 (2015) which included backend points
- Made $20 million for xXx: Return of Xander Cage (2017)
- Got $20 million upfront for F9 (2021) plus backend profits
- His salary steadily rose from $2,000 for his first film to $20 million per movie now
- Also earned as producer for Fast & Furious films
- Has his own production company One Race Films
- Invested early in Facebook and video game companies
- Profitable endorsement deals with brands like Dodge
The Fast & Furious films account for the bulk of Vin Diesel’s wealth. He earned over $350 million just from the last 4 Fast movies. As one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood, Vin Diesel’s net worth will continue to grow.
Vin Diesel’s Personal Life and Other Facts
- Vin is dating Mexican model Paloma Jimenez since 2007. They have 3 children together.
- He is the godfather of Paul Walker’s daughter Meadow Walker.
- Some of his hobbies are playing Dungeons and Dragons, video games and poker.
- Vin Diesel’s real name is Mark Sinclair which he changed to Vin Diesel while working as a bouncer.
- He is close friends with The Rock but they had a feud in 2016 which halted the Fast & Furious filming.
- Diesel owns a flashy $1.6 million dollar mansion in Hollywood Hills.
- He prefers to do his own stunts and fight scenes for a realistic appeal.
- Vin Diesel has a fraternal twin brother named Paul who works as a film editor.
So in summary, Vin Diesel has used his muscular 5’11” physique and bald image to become an action superstar renowned for high octane Hollywood blockbusters. His fitness routine, diet discipline and acting talent have made him one of the highest paid stars today.