Learn about Tom Cruise Height, Weight, Age, Early life, Family, Career, Net Worth, Wiki & Full Bio
Tom Cruise Wiki/Bio
Thomas Cruise Mapother IV is an actor and producer from the United States. He is one of the highest-paid actors globally, having won three Golden Globe Awards and been nominated for a British Academy Film Award and three Academy Awards. His films have grossed more than $4 billion in North America and more than $10.1 billion worldwide, making him one of the all-time highest-grossing box office stars.
Tom Cruise Height: How tall is Tom Cruise?
Tom Cruise stands at a height of 5 feet 6 inches or 170 cm tall and weighs around 68 kg or 150 lbs. Tom’s hair color is Dark Brown and his eye color is Green.
|Height in Centimeters||170 cm|
|Height in Meters||1.7 m|
|Height in Inches||5 feet 6 inches|
|Weight In Kilograms||68 Kg|
|Weight In Pounds||150 lbs|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Tom Cruise Age: How old is Tom Cruise?
Tom Cruise was born on July 3, 1962. Tom Cruise’s age is 59 years as of 2022. His birth sign is Cancer.
|Full Name||Thomas Cruise Mapother IV|
|Date of Birth||July 3, 1962|
|Day of Birth||Tuesday|
|Birth Place||Syracuse, New York, United States|
Early Life and Family
Cruise was born on July 3, 1962, in Syracuse, New York, to Thomas Cruise Mapother III (1934–1984) and Mary Lee (née Pfeiffer; 1936–2017), a special education teacher. Both of his parents were natives of Louisville, Kentucky, and were descended from English, German, and Irish ancestors.
Lee Anne, Marian, and Cass are Cruise’s three sisters. William Mapother, one of his cousins, is also an actor who has appeared in five films alongside Cruise. Cruise was raised in near poverty and received a Catholic education.
Cruise spent part of his childhood in Canada. His family relocated to Beacon Hill, Ottawa, in late 1971 when his father accepted a position as a defense consultant with the Canadian Armed Forces.
Tom Cruise Education
He attended the new Robert Hopkins Public School for fourth and fifth grades. In fourth grade, he became involved in drama under the tutelage of drama teacher George Steinburg. At the Carleton Elementary School drama festival, he and six other boys performed IT, an improvised play set to music.
Cruise attended Ottawa’s Henry Munro Middle School in sixth grade. That year, his mother left his father and returned to the United States with Cruise and his sisters. In 1984, Cruise’s father died of cancer. Cruise briefly attended the St. Francis Seminary in Cincinnati, Ohio, on a Catholic Church scholarship; he aspired to be a Franciscan priest before being expelled for drinking and developing an interest in acting.
He attended 15 schools over the course of 14 years. He played football for the varsity team as a linebacker during his senior year of high school but was cut after being caught drinking beer prior to a game. He later starred in the high school production of Guys and Dolls. He earned his high school diploma from Glen Ridge High School in Glen Ridge, New Jersey, in 1980.
Tom Cruise Career
Cruise moved to New York City at the age of 18 with the blessing of his mother and stepfather to pursue an acting career. He moved to Los Angeles to audition for television roles after working as a busboy in New York. He signed a representation agreement with CAA and began acting in films.
He made his film debut in 1981 with a bit part in Endless Love, followed by a significant supporting role as a deranged military academy student in Taps later that year. Cruise was a member of the ensemble cast of The Outsiders in 1983. That same year, he starred in All the Right Moves and Risky Business, which has been described as “a Generation X classic” and “a career-defining film for Tom Cruise.”
Tom Cruise Net Worth
As of 2022, Tom Cruise’s net worth is estimated to be $600 Million.
|Net Worth||$600 million|
|Source of Income||Actor, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Television Director|
|Annual Salary||$50 Million Per Year|
Tom Cruise Personal life & Dating History
- On May 9, 1987, Cruise married actress Mimi Rogers. On February 4, 1990, they divorced.
- Cruise met actress Nicole Kidman, his second wife, on the set of their film Days of Thunder (1990). On December 24, 1990, the couple married. They adopted two children, Isabella Jane (born in 1992) and Connor Antony (born in 1994). (born 1995). Cruise filed for divorce from Kidman in February 2001, while she was unknowingly pregnant.
- Cruise was then romantically linked to Penélope Cruz, his Vanilla Sky co-star (2001). In 2004, their three-year relationship came to an end.
- Cruise began dating actress Katie Holmes in April 2005. Cruise and Holmes, dubbed TomKat by the press, made their first public appearance together in Rome on April 27 of that year.
- Cruise and Holmes announced their pregnancy on October 6, 2005. Their daughter Suri was born in April 2006. On November 18, Holmes and Cruise were married in a Scientologist ceremony attended by a slew of Hollywood celebrities at the 15th-century Odescalchi Castle in Bracciano.
- Holmes filed for divorce from Cruise on June 29, 2012. The couple signed a divorce settlement negotiated by their lawyers on July 9. According to New York law, all divorce documents must remain sealed, which means that the precise terms of the settlement are not publicly available.