Kristy Titus is a well-known American outdoor enthusiast, TV personality, author, and wildlife conservationist who has made her mark in the male-dominated fields of hunting and survival skills. With her charismatic persona, prowess at hunting, and passion for the wilderness, she has inspired countless women to embrace the great outdoors.
Kristy Titus Wiki/Bio
|Full Name||Kristy Titus|
|Birthplace||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Profession||TV Host, Author, Outdoor Enthusiast|
|Siblings||Two younger sisters|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches (170 cm)|
|Weight||130 lbs (59 kg)|
Kristy Titus Age
Kristy Titus’ age is forty-three years old. She devoted a significant portion of her life to mastering wilderness survival skills and hunting arts in Oregon, United States.
|Day of Birth||Friday|
|Year of Birth||1980|
|Birth Sign Duality||Assertive|
|Birth Sign Modality & Element||Mutual & Earth|
Early Life and Family
Kristy Titus was born on August 18, 1986, in Portland, Oregon, United States. She was the eldest child in a family of three girls born to deeply religious parents. Her father worked as a Baptist pastor while her mother was a homemaker.
Kristy Titus grew up with strong Christian values in the small town of Molalla, Oregon. She attended a local Baptist high school where she actively participated in sports like volleyball and was a cheerleader for her school team.
After graduating high school, Kristy Titus earned a volleyball scholarship to attend college but decided to discontinue after just one year into her course. She realized academics was not her calling and she wanted to pursue her interest in outdoor activities and wildlife conservation.
Journey into the Wilderness
Ever since childhood, Kristy Titus had a deep passion for nature, hunting, and survival skills. She loved tagging along her dad and uncles during hunting trips and learned how to handle rifles and track game from an early age.
At age 14, she shot her first buck and discovered her natural talent for archery and marksmanship. During her brief time in college, she honed her skills and completed various certifications in hunting, tracking, and outdoor safety.
After dropping out of college, against her parent’s wishes, Kristy Titus fully devoted herself to her passion. She moved back home and started working as an apprentice hunting guide. She also signed up for advanced survival courses with the National Rifle Association’s Women’s Wilderness Escape to upgrade her skills.
Slowly Kristy gained recognition in the local hunting community in Oregon as a talented female guide and instructor. Her proficiency and charismatic personality also captured the attention of TV producers who offered her shows on outdoor channels.
Television and Writing Career
Kristy’s first breakthrough in television came in 2009 when she was selected to host the show “Winchester Legends” on the Outdoor Channel. Her natural on-camera presence and hunting knowledge made her an instant hit with viewers.
This paved the way for more shows like “Pursue the Wild” in 2011 where Kristy shared her adventures of tracking and hunting big game across North America. The show ran successfully for 7 seasons establishing her as a recognizable face and personality among outdoor TV viewers.
Besides hosting outdoor TV shows, Kristy Titus also made guest appearances on popular national TV talk shows like Fox & Friends, Good Morning America, and The Bachelor.
Her fame transcended just the hunting community and she became a spokesperson for women thriving in non-traditional careers. She shared her wilderness survival tips and discussed conservation advocacy on these mainstream programs.
Beyond TV, Kristy expanded her reach by authoring two successful books:
- One Tough Mother: From Boot Camp to the Battlefield to the Shooting Range—How I Raised a Marine and a Hunter (2017) – This was a memoir highlighting her experiences raising her son who joined the Marines.
- Taking Aim: How to Call Your Shot in Business and in Life (2022) – Her second book provided advice on goal-setting and having an empowering mindset.
Both books received positive reviews and further amplified Kristy’s fame, establishing her as an inspirational figure for women.
Other Ventures and Associations
Apart from her thriving TV and writing career, Kristy branched out into other outdoor-related business ventures:
- She launched her own line of jewelry, apparel, and other merchandise under the “Kristy Titus Collection” brand.
- She is a sponsored athlete and brand ambassador for several major hunting gear and apparel companies like Sitka Gear, Mathews Archery, Browning Firearms, and Kenetrek Boots.
- She runs her own company “Pursue the Wild” that offers guided hunting trips, survival courses, and more.
Kristy is also actively involved in wildlife conservation efforts by serving on the boards of various organizations like the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Oregon Hunters Association, and Mule Deer Foundation. She regularly participates in fundraising campaigns for habitat restoration, protection of endangered species, and promoting ethical hunting practices.
Some of her other accolades and achievements over the years include:
- Featured in major magazines like Outside, Field & Stream, National Geographic Adventure
- Appeared on the cover of Bowhunter Magazine (Sept/Oct 2021 issue)
- Won the “Female TV Personality of the Year” award at the Golden Moose Awards in 2013 and 2018
- Recipient of the “Outdoor Idol” award from the Women’s Outdoor News in 2017
- Featured as the first women TV personality on the cover of Petersen’s Hunting magazine in their 120 years history
- Ranked among the “25 Most Influential Women in the Outdoor Industry” list by Outdoor Life magazine in 2020
Through her television shows, books, business ventures and advocacy roles, Kristy has firmly established herself as a leading figure promoting the empowerment of women in the great outdoors.
Despite being in the spotlight, Kristy remains quite private about her personal relationships and family. It is known that she was briefly married in her early 20s but divorced within a year. She does not have any biological children of her own.
Kristy is currently believed to be single and fully focused on her career. When not working, she enjoys spending time with her two dogs named Ridge and Scout who frequently accompany her on outdoor adventures.
She has a close bond with her parents and two younger sisters she grew up with in Oregon. She now divides her time between homes in Oregon and Montana.
Kristy has a fun-loving personality and is known for her witty sense of humor. She loves stays active by hiking, kayaking, horseback riding, and working out. Some of her other hobbies are cooking, target shooting, attending music festivals, and traveling to new destinations.
Kristy has an athletic physique sculpted by her active outdoor lifestyle. She stands at a height of 5ft 7inches (170cm) and weighs around 130lbs (59kg).
Her measures are approximately 35-28-35 inches with a bra size of 34B. She has an enviable hourglass figure.
Kristy has porcelain skin, expressive blue eyes, and long naturally blonde hair which she mostly keeps tied up in ponytails or braids. Her photogenic appearance adds to her TV appeal.
She has no visible tattoos on her body. For piercings, she just wears occasional earrings.
Kristy Titus’ Net Worth
As of 2023, Kristy Titus has accumulated an estimated net worth of $2 million through her television career, book deals, business ventures, brand promotions and sponsorships.
She earns around $200,000 annually from her contracts with outdoor brands as a sponsored athlete and ambassador. She also makes regular income from her TV shows, merchandise sales, and guided hunting trips.
Kristy lives a comfortable lifestyle between her homes in Oregon and Montana. While not extravagant, she can afford luxury vacations, cars, clothing and other indulgences from her successful career pursuits.
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Income Stream||TV show hosting|
Facts and Trivia
- Kristy’s birth sign is Leo which fits with her bold, lively, and adventurous spirit.
- She wears a size 9 in shoes.
- Her favorite outdoor apparel brand is Sitka Gear that she’s endorsed since 2010.
- She competed in archery tournaments during her high school years.
- Her high school nickname was “K-Money” coined by her volleyball teammates.
- Kristy learned to ride dirt bikes at age 7 and still loves trail riding.
- She had an accident in 2008 that left her with five broken ribs and a punctured lung.
- Her favorite big-game animal to hunt is elk.
- She consumes a high protein, low carb diet along with supplements to stay fit.
- Kristy prefers coffee over tea.
- She enjoys action movies and comedy films in her free time.
- If not an outdoor career, Kristy would have loved to become a war correspondent.
- Her fans affectionately call her “The First Lady of Hunting”.
- As a teen, she won district shooting competitions three years in a row.
- She can expertly handle rifles, shotguns, crossbows, pistols, and muzzleloaders.
- Kristy has visited over 30 countries so far including New Zealand, Scotland, South Africa, Argentina, and more.
Kristy Titus has succeeded in breaking gender barriers by thriving as a woman in the male-centric world of outdoor sports. She serves as an inspiration for young girls and women interested in hunting, archery, fishing and survival skills.
Her portfolio of achievements includes hosting popular TV shows, authoring bestselling books, launching her own outdoor brand, and working with top gear companies. She also actively champions wildlife conservation.
With her signature blonde locks, down-to-earth charm, passion for the outdoors, and determination, the “First Lady of Hunting” has secured her place as a pioneering icon. She continues to empower women across the world to conquer challenges and fulfill their potential.
Social Media Profiles
If you are a fan of Kristy Titus, you can follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. She is active on his social media. She has 75K followers on Instagram, 11K followers on Twitter, and 365K followers on the Facebook page.